Just a list of some of my favourite bollywood movies in 2009! :)
Delhi-6
The movie is okay - nothing great but I love the songs! Till today I can listen to them on loop again n again! Especially Rehna Tu & Genda Phool! :)
New York
A movie that was def hard hitting. Its the first movie that I've seen that visually showed the aftermaths of 9/11 on South Asians, the same supported by facts at the end of the movie was enough to leave me in tears. The actors did a decent job, especially Iffran Khan who I've always liked!
Love Aaj Kal
I liked the concept behind this movie...of people living in the real world, realizing that sometimes career & geography makes it difficult to mantain even a very good relationship. Altho I wish there was someone other than Deepika. She is like a super tall Barbie doll which looks pretty enough but does no justice to the role and seriously cannot emote!
Wake Up Sid
Sweet movie. Ranbir is very likable as the boy next door who has no idea what he wants to do in life! Konkana of course as usual gives a very good performance. I absolutely loved the 1 bedrm apt she stays in with its bright colors and understated look.
Whats Your Raashee
A cute movie, albeit a little long. Priyanka does an amazing job with portraying 12 different characters. Along with the obvious clothes & hair color change, its her body language that marks her as a good actress. She actually does seem to be like 12 different girls in the movie! An interesting watch if just for Priyanka! :)
Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani
A simple comedy which touches the right notes and makes for a good watch. The chemistry between Ranbir & Katrina is good and for once Katrina has a role that requires her to say something rather than just looking pretty which is what she does in all her movies with Akshay! Her wardrobe is amazing and I love the summery dresses she wears! :)
Dil Bole Hadippa
One of my favourites this year with Shahid looking oh so cute!! I've always loved Cricket movies coz they somehow have this entire buzz around them and this one was an all and out loud bollywood movie with lots of color, dance & comedy! Except for the last half n hour of seriousness, this is one full masti movie!
3 Idiots
This is one truly amazing movie. Although a lot of people have compared this to DCH (which btw I did not like all thaat much), I honestly thought this was a better movie. The comedy is unbeatable and somehow everything fits in this movie. The dialogues, characterization and screenplay all flows very smoothly. Plus hello the rote speech by that smart guy was hilarious!!! The characters are real and a few of the guyz reminded me of the guyz from my high school & college...in fact the smart guy in particular reminded me of a friend from school who was the exactly the same! Pompous person who thought he knew it all simply coz he was the teacher's pet in pretty much all the classes & could rote memorize everything & anything under the sun! All in all one of the best movies ive seen in a looong time!
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Friday, January 8, 2010
About Me
- Sunshine
- A little bit of this & a little bit of that! I'm all sweet n spice! :D


4 comments:
Hmm looks like you have a very good memory. Writing reviews for eight movies at one go is not that easy.
And about the movies, due to avoidable conditions I could not catch up with any of those flicks this year.
Hoping to watch all of them continuously at once when I get the right time and then hopefully I’ll say something about these movies. :)
Naa not good memory...wrote this over a few days...these r just of my fav movies...many more which were good/ decent...
u shud catch them if u can! :)
Wowww!! yOu jus found an alternative career for uRself: FILM CRITICS WRITER :)
lol! :P
Post a Comment