I'm basically an optimist...i look for the best in people, i forgive & forget easily and as a rule i find it all too easy to block out faults in people...a lot of my friends and past boys have called me naive...and I guess I am to a certain extent...or maybe was! People change, circumstances change and maybe I've been bitten once too many times to be that naive anymore...
BUT - I got back from watching 'Its Complicated' last night which is a very sweet movie btw...and the one thing that stayed with me all night is that I really really really hope that when I'm 45 and wrinkly - I have some friends with whom i can bitch over a pitcher of margaritas - or barring that even good old chai will do! Just that I have that support to fall back on...to bitch about my interfering in-laws and my mischevious kids and my bratty husband and maybe even the horrendous boss...
My mom has one such friend. They've not been friends for too long, i think maybe around 5-6 years...but I swear they are soulmates! They have to talk to each other at least once on the phone every morning if not many more times! One of my fav things to do when i go back home is to trail my mom when she is talking to aunty in the mornings with my chai in my hand as my mom roams around the entire house and I get updated on all the gossip which i would have missed! :P
Ahh to have friends forever...the few reading this (and the ones im going to force to read this!) - i do hope u guyz stay forever! *hugz*
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Thursday, February 4, 2010
About Me
- Sunshine
- A little bit of this & a little bit of that! I'm all sweet n spice! :D


15 comments:
Oh, a post from the depths of the heart!!! :) I loved reading it and you may be actually surprised, I read it twice. I don’t know why but the way you write some things, they make me think again about them. Your writing is surely like expressing many things with just a few numbers of lines and mind you it is an art which not many are equipped with.
Enjoyed the way you pictured yourself trailing your mom while she is walking around and talking. Hehehe(Usually 3-5 year olds will do such things :))
By the way sunshine, why are you dreaming about interfering in laws and bratty hubby? I wish you get the best (caring) in laws and the best (supportive and caring) hubby. :)
Hahaha forcing someone to read is really wonderful and sounds very cute.
Irrespective of 45 or 55 and wrinkly or not you can fall back on us anytime and any day. Good old chai is perfect for meeting with great friends.
Friendship is forever. Take care :)
lol thanks for the compliment! :)
actually pretty similar to a 3-5yr old - i love trailing my mom around the house when she is on the phone! :P
tumhare muh mein ghee shakkar as they say that i get the best husband & inlaws! :)
Hey 3 year old kiddd...., only ghee shakkar??? :(
Shoooo Shweeeet !!!
But I was expecting lots of chocolates, sweets and ice creams. :), I’m wishing you such wonderful things for life and you are just content to give me only ghee shakkar ? ;)
Wrinkly at 45, Sunshine :P? Take hope in Botox.
People come and go; the worst part of it is that we sometimes resign ourselves to their moving out and after a point, it stops hurting. Which causes pain of a different kind. I'd give a lot to have a friend to go through life with me.
:) what a beautiful post this is! You know, my mom has three childhood friends - they are a group of four - who still meet up regularly over cups of coffee and share their lives. In fact they are the biggest support system she has now, because my sis and I are both away. I wish I have something like that to fall back on, too.
p.s - 45 and wrinkly??? I hope I never get wrinkly!!
@ Asif: its a muhavra.. :)
@ Wandering Brook: Lol Botox def :)
yes i agree...its the mark of the humna spirit...we let nothing drown us...learn to adjust even when someone leaves...altho u r right it leaves a diff kind of pain...
i would doo...im hoping the few i have right now do stay through life! :)
@ Piper: thanks and yes the support system is especially imp when the kids move out...
my mom had the same comment when i sent her this post...she's gonna turn 45 tomm and not a wrinkle in sight! lets hope the genes have been passed on to me! ;)
:P ... :P I knew that :)...
:)
no permanent enemies and no permanent friends !
actually i disagree...some r permanent...friends & enemies :)
i am not sure if you think this right or not, but i think you already have a couple of friends, actually quite a few that will stick with you forever..again, i am not sure if you would like some of them to stay around all that time, but they will surely be there for you..
well thats the thing with friends...u never know...ive learnt that the ones u think u can trust the most also have the ability to hurt u the deepest..
hmmm i guess time will tell who stays and who doesnt :)
exactly my thoughts, it is because that you trust them the most, they can also hurt you a lot.. and sure thing, time has the answer for all the questions..:)
I have a friend like tht....she was with me in school & we went to the same church but we were never friends then.
She & I came to dubai round abt the same time from then we speak to eachother & faithfully update eachother with whtever is happening in our lives;-D
:) sweet! Sometimes life works in mysterious ways! :)
Post a Comment