I wake up; I look in the mirror every morning. And every morning I see a different me. On most mornings its a version of me that i don't like! My hair all over the place (i seriously need a good haircut!), my face looking all patchy n yuck! and my body never satisfies! I've been on some sort of an exercise regime for the past few months, and I've yo-yo-ed back and forth between hating my body & loving it so many times that I don't know what to feel anymore!!
But then there are days like today when everything feels good! The hair fall softly around my face, the skin moderately passable and the body feels good! Friday being casual day at work, i try on various tops over my fav black jeans before settling on one that just last weekend i refused to wear coz i felt like a bloated pig in it! but i dared to wear it today and since my housemate did not make any obviously disparaging comments - im assuming it didnt look sooo bad! :) (of course it mite also be that she dint exactly notice what i was wearing since she's got this thing at work and was suuuper preoccupied!)
But my point being that my mood often decides how i feel about myself...on days that i feel crappy, i refuse to spend more than 5 mins putting together an outfit for work & don bother to change accessories...and on days when i wake up in a good mood, i can spend upto 15 mins in front of my cupboard trying out options, wanting to look my best! then i open my jewellery drawer & spend my time choosing the perfect pendant & the perfect earrings to match the dress! :)
So what about you? What do you see yourself in the mirror every morning?
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Friday, January 22, 2010
About Me
- Sunshine
- A little bit of this & a little bit of that! I'm all sweet n spice! :D


8 comments:
I never looked dat deep.. Wil tel yOu nxt time when I look i da mirror ;-)
lol...ill be waiting! :P
Your post reflects your inner happiness today. I wish you be happy like that forever.
Today everything is so good for you because of your good mood which is a result of your inner happiness. :D
No wonder today you looked pretty in the mirror.
By the way I would be very very glad to know what your housemate is going to tell you about it atleeeeaaast tomorrow.(No more surprises this time i guess)
I’ll be waiting…:D
*Fingers crossed*
What I look in the mirror? Aaah My mirror got broke when I looked into it looonnng time back…:D
[May be it could not have sustained after seeing my handsome face ;)]
my standard morning
1. wake up due to an irritating alarm sound
2. swear at the alarm before getting out of bed
3. shower (maybe)
4. pull on a pair of jeans.
5. pick out the first t-shirt that i see (mostly crumpled and lying on the floor)
6. fix hair, spray deo
7. out the door in 3.5 min
i hate looking at myself in the mirror...only do it if it's a must :P
@ Asif: lol yea...it was the good mood which colours what you see in the mirror... :)
@ Vin: lololol! since when did u get so chilled??? man sometimes i miss college life! it was so much more simpler then!
@ Titaxy: haha...usually im of the same opinion...i only look at myself on days when i feel good! :P
I am usually trying to eat, dress up, put my things together, charge laptop/cell phone, find for keys, organize bed, remember assignments to carry, all in the 20 minutes I get.. the mirror probably gets 5 seconds if at all.. but I can stand in front of the mirror for hours while I talk on the phone.. its this weird habit I have!
Woah that's serious multi-tasking!!
I walk around while on the phone...cannot stand/sit still at all...unless it's late and I'm making a good nite call...!
Post a Comment