One of the things that I used to think set me apart from a lot of the people i knew was the fact that i was basically content. I mean sure, there has always been stuff that I want/would be happier with...but at the end of the day, i was pretty darn happy where i was, and with what i had!
Contented with life in general, my mom used to mention that it was the primary reason i didn't have the killer instinct in me. Because I just never wanted anything that bad.
One of the good things about being contented is that you've effectively never felt jealousy. Jealousy of the kind that turns you green. The kind that really really wishes you had what the other person does. Badly. Enough to make you a little bit mean. Just a teeny weeny bit.
What sucks the most is that the thing that I covet, that I'm jealous about is not something that i can just get, today or tomm. Its a process. And while i'm still on this side of the finish line trying to figure out how to get past the darn obstacles, this person has crossed over to the next leg of the journey. Not to say that there are no obstacles in that leg, but still....at least its not this obstacle!
*sigh* I need clarity. And maybe I just need to take a decision. Stop dithering and just commit, one way or another. *sigh*
p.s. decision-making is so much more easier said than done!
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Monday, January 31, 2011
About Me
- Sunshine
- A little bit of this & a little bit of that! I'm all sweet n spice! :D


4 comments:
Heye :)
Ok now 'contentment' sounds good.. if only one doesn't become complacent on the way.. And I am not content :-| And not quite proud of it either :( especially at this phase of life.. I am definitely not content... and life on the other side looks a lot more rosier!
Good luck to you with whatever obstacle you are fighting with!
thats the problem - when life looks rosier on the other side! altho there is always stuff i wanted, i was always happy with where i was then!
just that now, i wish i was on the other end of this road, having made the decision im supposed to!
*sigh* thanks for the luck - am def gonna need it! :)
being able to be content is a fantastic ability. I think those that have it are blessed.
Blog hopped to yours from sunshine's
thanks! :) and welcome here!
Post a Comment