Its been an interesting new year...as any vacation of mine at home which is longer than 24 hours usually is...ups and down galore...some of the highlights:
1. Meeting the US-return brother after 5 months....Mr i-have-an-opinion-about-everything-&-anything-under-the-sun! sometimes his discussion is just extremely exhausting as i wonder where he gets the energy to be so passionate about so many things...other times i just feel like an indulgent older sister who is seeing her brother discover the world on his own terms...it is rather endearing (on occasions when it doesnt bug me endlessly)
2. New Year's eve celebration - prob one of the best ive ever had in jkt! A friend had planned an evening at X2 (a popular club close to my place) Me & her almost had heart attacks when my mom actually agreed to let me go clubbing! you know a place where they serve drinks and have alcohol!! lol...but it was a pretty amazing evening...dinner with family and apt friends at a nice indian restaurant followed by 2-3 hrs of amazing dancing at X2 with a bunch of really old friends...bringing in the new year with a lot of fun! :)
3. Spending time with the parents - i would categorize this as an up & a down coz honestly thats exactly what it is! the up was the good conversations...catching up on whats happening...and a general sense of happiness that sometimes comes only from being at home!
The negatives were the constant battle between what I want and what they want....and the twain shall never meet! I sometimes feel like ive got lukemia and am gonna die in 2 years unless i get that final seal of approval for a future life in the form of a marriage certificate! *sigh* Endurance, tolerance & patience...at least there is something good out of this entire fiasco!
Now is the time for some New Year Resolutions....im not going to make specific rules coz i can never live up to them but some guidelines i guess cant hurt?
1. To stop expecting my parents to change. They are past that age and I need to understand that. I just wish they would have it in them to just for once look at life from my footsteps rather than their own!
2. To learn to differentiate among people. The good ones, the not-so-good ones and the bad ones. 2009 was a year where i discovered my own naiveness pretty acutely...now i have to work towards getting over that. Letting go of my optimism to become a realist and see the world for what it really is, rather than what id like it to be!
3. To save. Looking at how things go, I just might need that nest egg in the future. Work towards this even if you arent planning to use it in the future.
4. To spend some time with myself and before proclaiming how no1 in the world understands me, try to understand myself. I change my opinion and thots so many times that i really dont know what i believe in anymore.
5. To work hard. Even though others might not think my career important - its the only thing that is mine completely. I need to move forward despite the enticing path which says that take life easy and give up. I shant give up. Not now, not when I am actually close to getting somewhere.
These are tall orders; tough decisions; difficult paths to take. But I need to take them. 2010 is going to be a deciding year in my life. And i need to make sure I get something I'm truly happy with.
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Sunday, January 3, 2010
About Me
- Sunshine
- A little bit of this & a little bit of that! I'm all sweet n spice! :D


5 comments:
Wow...u've summed up ur resolutions pretty neatly. Most of the time we dont recognise the point tht we do have a problem...and thts where all the troubles start.
Good for U:-))!!!!
Wishing U a wonderful year ahead!!!
And tht point 5 u made abt ur career.....stick to it, this is the only time in ur life u r without restrictions....so slog it out.
U'll definitely reap the benefits later:-))!!!
Thanks Nancy! :) ur words mean a lot...i never made resolutions earlier coz i feared failing to live up to them...the ones I've listed here is stuff i cannot afford to fail at...hence the online proclamation! :)
Good Luck wit keepin those resolutions but dont let them stop yOu fm havin Fun..
Cheers n Happy New Year!!
Fun never stops :) the point is to have fun while achieving all this!
Post a Comment